Listen, I get it:
You feel like the marketing your business is hard, and it’s a constant grind to figure out what works (and why what’s working for someone else doesn’t work for you)
You’re pressured to constantly push new content to social media, yet struggle to get consistent leads
You’re annoyed at how long blog posts take to write, because they don’t feel worth the time spent writing them
You don’t know where to focus your marketing energy & budget (Social? Email? Facebook ads? Networking?)
You’ve invested in becoming the best at what you do. But marketing — and easily getting your website in front of your ideal clients — wasn’t one of your classes
But what if I told you there’s a better way? Imagine this:
Your content is working for you around the clock, even when you’re not pushing it out to your social media network.
You have confidence in the topics that you’ve selected to write about, because you know what your ideal clients are looking for.
You know how to track how well your website is performing, and you’re excited to see your traffic growing slowly & steadily as you generate & publish more excellent content.
You’re getting new traffic — and more important, qualified leads — coming into your website, instead of needing to rely on word-of-mouth referrals or expensive ads
I’m here to tell you:
Getting new leads doesn’t have to be hard, expensive or complex.
You can increase your search traffic yourself, and you can get pretty damn good at it.
You just need a guide. You need:
SEO Keyword Sidekick
Get SEO-Savvy, make Google fall in love with you, and create content that gets you found
I’m 7 minutes into the second training and I’m losing my mind, it’s so good.
I’m totally gonna use the tools you recommended to make sure I’m including important keywords throughout my sales page design process!Suzi Istvan
I was afraid I’d be overwhelmed, but after going through Meg’s training, I understand my website & my ideal keywords so much better. Meg takes complex ideas and makes them so, so easy to understand!Natalie Taylor
Who is this for?
- You’re a service-based entrepreneur who has been in business for 3-5 years
(this course is not for e-commerce sites or SaaS companies)
- You understand the foundations of content marketing, but you strugge to write blogs that connect with you audience.
- Your business is successful, but it feels like a constant struggle to be SEEN and FOUND by your ideal clients.
What’s included in the course:
- My brain, hands on, in your SEO! Future versions of the course won’t get nearly as much 1:1 attention (Value: $3,500)
- Weekly group Q&A calls (Value: $500)
- Private FB group to ask questions on demand
- Lifetime access to the course (public launch price will be at least double)
What I expect from you:
- I need your honest feedback, your confused faces, your endless questions.
- Your presence & feedback on group calls & live trainings
- Your time invested in the course, alongside me, to help shape the content as we go
During this course’s first run, I’m relying on you to help me recognize the missing pieces in the content, to ask me to explain things in a different way, to dig up another example to illustrate it, to work through the content WITH you so I can teach it better.
Join now for $500
or 2 payments of $275
Week 0 (pre-work): What You Track, You Attract
Until we gather the data about how your website is doing now, you can’t understand how much it’s improving. Let’s set baselines for your current traffic & followers so we can watch them grow.
- Installing Google Analytics
- Activating Google Search Console
- Bonus: Setting goals
Week 1: Be a Human, Creating for Humans
Dig into the internet’s watering holes to find out how people are talking about your topic, and/or to ask your audience what they’re struggling with so you can meet their needs.
- Brainstorm the topics you want to discuss
- Use free tools to discover what people are talking about & how they’re phrasing it
- Benefits of survey to your audience to ask what they need
Week 2: Discover Your Current Strengths
Now that our Analytics has had time to gather data, let’s see (a) where your traffic is coming from, and (b) what search terms are point to your site.
- Generate a list of what is currently driving traffic to your site using Google Search Console click data and any ranking data you have
- Review the “near miss” queries — what are you ranking for but not seeing any clicks?
Week 3-4: Find the Right Words
This is what people think of when they say “Keyword research!” We’ll use some of my favorite tools to explore your chosen topic, to align the way you talk with the way people search
- Update the list we’ve made in weeks 2-3 to include search volume & competitive metrics
- Explore keyword research tools to look for new keyword groups, alternate phrases, common modifiers and long-tail permutations.
- Discover tactics to find keywords nationally, as well as targeted to your local area
Week 5: Plan Your Content
You have your keywords. Now what do you DO with them? Time to make a plan.
- Organize best keywords: Categorize your keywords in a way that will be simple and useful (audience-type, phase of the funnel, end product, sales cycle).
- Content strategy – what are you building towards?
- Choose 1-4 primary keywords to target for each page based on a careful balance between keyword difficulty, relevance, and search volume
Week 6-7: Optimize Like Crazy
Let’s get writing (or recording your podcast, or producing your video). How can you make your content compelling, searchable, and click-worthy, without sound like a robot?
- Headline strategy
- On-page SEO tactics (meta descriptions, URL, images, etc)
- Cross-linking and external linking
- Publish, promote, repurpose
Week 8: Lather, Rinse, Repeat
SEO is never really done. Every month or quarter, find some time to do maintenance on your content.
- Update old posts (Google loves fresh content!)
- Dead links & opportunities for new internal links
- Choose new keywords that are performing better & re-optimize
Class starts September 4.